Minimally Invasive Surgery
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Some of the major benefits to MIS are:
- Far less blood loss.
- Limited soft tissue is being cut, therefore less risk of muscle & tendon damage.
- Less risk of infection.
- Much smaller incisions lead to better cosmetic results and much less scarring.
- Much faster recovery and less rehab time.
- Less postop pain, and less need for pain medication.
- Most MIS procedures only require local anesthesia.
- Shorter procedure, likely to be performed outpatient.